Aim of Traditional Thai Massage Course
Thai massage courses taught at SANUK are based on the ancient Thai tradition in its various forms. You will learn the protocols of Chiang Mai style from northern Thailand and the Imperial style known as Wat Po. In addition, our instructors will include in the course Western osteopathic techniques, digit-puncture and principles of anatomy that further improve the course. Moreover, you will learn how to work with the patients' body in all positions: supine, prone, lateral and sitting. Furthermore, you will study the energy channels (Sen lines according to Thai tradition) and the bone muscle apparatus for a better treatment of your patients. Part of the course will also focus on joint manipulation and stretching based on yoga. Certainly, this type of massage is ideal for yoga teachers or students.
Course duration is 40hrs divided in two Units.
Course price is 480 euros* 460 euros for early inscriptions before the 15th of october 2017
Unit 1: (20hrs)
• Traditional Thai Massage Origins.
• Special Chiang Mai, Wat Po and Thai Vedic Style
• Four elements and energy channels or lines Sen.
• Learning the first part of the sequence.
Unit 2 (20hrs)
• Learning sequence step by step: Ways of working side, prone and sitting.
• Manual techniques used: we explore a wide variety of techniques using feet, palms, forearms, elbows, thumbs and fingers
• Assisted stetchings
• Joint mobilisations.
Price includes a manual with photos of the secuence and a Diploma.
Course will start on the 4th of November and it will finish on the 26th of Noveber and it will be lead on the 4 weekends included.